Friday, December 6, 2013

Back!

Oh look, my last post was 2 months ago LOL.

'O' Levels ARE OVER!!!

This is the kind of statement that needs to be shouted from the highest rooftop and/or mountain peak, but due to an aversion to heights and hiking, I've decided to go with their modern equivalent: the Internet! So here I am, arms outstretched in my best Rocky pose, sun streaming at my back, voice trembling with raw emotion as I shout through the beard I've grown for some reason:

'O' Levels ARE OVER!!!

And it's high time to party hard! So everyone thinks. I really thought life after Os would be more... I'm not exactly sure how to put it. Now it feels rather dry and lifeless, like these 2-3 months aren't going to be all as spiff as we thought. But oh well! At least I can now finally put all my books aside...

Spending the last one-and-a-half weeks in Italy, I relished once again the feeling of being overseas and away from all the drama in Singapore. As my third time in Europe, the trip felt like 8 parts ennui and 2 parts exciting. I found myself desperate to return to the hotel everyday for Wi-Fi to check on my phone and all that social-media business. So I guess I'm guilty as charged of being a "typical 21st century teenager".

Having said that, I did steal a haul of photos everywhere I went, and the entire album is up on Instagram. Yes, I grew tired of individually posting every photo I have up here, and I figured if you're reading this right now you've probably seen the photos already so GO GO GO!!! Double-tap and comment and feed my "notifications-addiction".

And I went rather bonkers shopping. I ain't a shopaholic but hell, the stuff there was ridiculously cheap! I spent like 300€ in a week. My parents went for the more branded stuff so I think overall my family blew about 2-3K€ ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

So now you're wondering (nah you're not, but it's nicer to put things that way), what about life before this trip? Did I spend it all rotting at home and playing DotA 2?

I went job-hunting on the first day after Os with the Outsiders (Brandon, Zach, Anson and Damien) and we went to fill up forms at Raffles Hotel. To cut a long story short, both parties left a rather bad impression on the other and (thank God) we didn't get the job. In the days that ensued, my mum managed to introduce us to her ex-boss, who was looking for juveniles our age whom had just finished 'O'/'A' Levels and were looking for jobs. I won't disclose the name of the company here but the tasks were largely associated with IT stuff and other computer-related business that we teenage boys are often stereotyped to be exceptional at (pretty true, actually). So yeah! Now I have a job. Brandon and Zach went to work late-night shifts at a bistro. God bless those two fellas.

On the second-third day, I had a class chalet with 402 and it was decent! We spent most of the night just lepak-ing and playing group-games. Icebreakers, if you would...? And I had to chomp on an onion. Urghhhhhh. Early the next day (we're talking about 4-5AM here), Weng Kong, Zach and I joined remaining classmates who had stayed the night for breakfast at Changi Village, while we decided to head over to Pulau Ubin to spend our day. I tried hauling Isaac and Damien along but they were dead-beat so only about 8 of us went. It was still pretty fun trekking to Chek Jawa and back tho! I went home afterwards so only Zach, Shaun, WK and Eamon stayed the second night. :P

And then on the 20th, GRADUATION NIGHT. The Councilors had outdone themselves yet again and they did a fantastic job making sure we graduates made ourselves some memories :) Your retired Vice-President is proud. So there was the standard order of activities, photos, tears and ladadeedadeee and the Outsiders left for Eugene's house afterwards to spend the night.

Cutting a long story short, we got shit wasted and it was a noteworthy re-enactment of The Hangover.

I spent the rest of the day rushing errands and packing for said Italy trip above.

The Saturday before I left for Italy, I watched Escape Plan with Ruth :] It was a decent movie, and worthy of the highly-positive reviews it was given, but I was sorta expecting a little more kick :( I guess after watching Man of Steel, conventional action movies didn't quite meet the mark for me. I mean, how do you beat the copious amounts of ass that was kicked in that DC movie?

We chose Bugis for that day, and ended up walking around aimlessly afterwards when we couldn't find anywhere to slack. For all the commercial development in that area we couldn't find anything to do ._. I won't be going Bugis again anytime soon ╚(•⌂•)╝

And then there was Open House, which fell on one of the days, I can't really remember. But I know that that was one of the busiest days I had because after the event, I had a movie date with Eamon, Randy and Peter and afterwards I had to rush for my dental appointment to check on my wisdom teeth and my molars.

Basically, my dental problem goes like this: Both my second molars on the lower set of teeth have grown very slanted because my teeth were too big for my gums. And I hated carrots since I was young. With all four of my wisdom teeth growing as well, the main problem would be having to go through all the necessary operations successively, with the extraction of the wisdoms coming before the braces. BRACES. ARGH //

After the appointment, I met up with Naeson and Ian for the first time after like what, 2 months? We had a really worthwhile catch-up at Marina Square and MBS. We don't hang out as much anymore what with all our schedules always clashing and all but hey, that doesn't really change anything!

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo to end off a really wordy post that half of you probably only skimmed through with the words already leaking out of your ears, I had an eventful and memorable start to my holidays and I hope all you did too :) Okay peace out, diamonds and love people

No comments:

Post a Comment