Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Recapture.

re·cap·ture (r-kpchr)
tr.v. re·cap·tured, re·cap·tur·ing, re·cap·tures
1. To capture again.
2. To acquire by the government procedure of recapture.
3. To recall: an attempt to recapture the past.

It's been a real long journey since I first stepped into Temasek. Long, arduous and painstakingly difficult. But infinitesimally rewarding.

Since I joined the Temasek Chorale. Since I joined Student Council. Since I found XinYi and Marcus. All these experiences will be rooted in my head for life, for they made me grow up- in every sense of the word.

Everyone remember their first day in their CCA? I do. I remember Miss Ho(my ex-RSS choir Conductor), the then Conductor, and Mrs Soh Bhee Pheng(is that even how you spell it?) and her somewhat-caring nature, as both history and choir teacher-in-charge before she left TMS. Really ancient stuff. Miss them both! Then I started hanging with XY and Marc. That was the beginning to really fruitful friendships that I would cherish for life. XY would overload me with her daily dose of shitty Upper Secondary life- I was indirectly given crash-courses on the inner works of social society in school, became much more open-minded. Without her, I would have harbored a 10-year-old mindset till now. She made me go through way more than the typical annoying narrow-minded little rascal most kids my age would've been.

Am I opening up too much? Whatever.

Marcus would be there with me throughout both my junior years. We just chilled and laughed and had wild fun. We would have lunch at Siglap almost every day, and just talk about stuff. Those were the times indeed. Then there is Mr Darius Lim, my current TMSChorale Conductor. He's the kind of coolio, spiff korkor cousin everyone wants. Marc and I went out with him often enough, together with Doran! Haha. Memories. (^_^) Anyway, I took the choir under my wing when I was elected as Chairman. Contrary to popular belief, it wasn't too difficult- but I would have shrank like a soaked sponge without my invincible wingmen Ruth and Doran. We leave our legacies behind when we step down, and I bring along with myself greater boldness, initiative and responsibility.

The short span of time I had spent in Student Council(3yrs++) was life changing. Adding to the great list of impacts XY already made on me, she was the one who diverted my decision to join Council instead of the Peer Support Leaders. Heck, I had even volunteered myself for most PSL events before the enrollment began. She convinced me that I was better suited for SCL. And I never ever regretted making that decision. In the end, I rose to the position of Vice-President. The best reward? Everything I had learnt there. Handling events, handling people, PR, everything. It's these kinds of things that remain in your heart and mind for life. I've made some very important friends in Council- Ariel, Nailah, Randy, Heng Kai, Fauzi- the list goes on- and some of the best memories ever. Oooooorahhh.

So this post was a huge insight into my personal history. Hope it sates any of your hunger for it anyway LOL. Haters gonnnna hate!

Peace ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

1 comment: