Monday, June 3, 2013

MTL 'O's

Chinese O-levels are finally over. Not sure how I did, but I know I didn't complete the paper. Expecting a high C5/low B4. If I clinch the B, I foresee myself retaking the exam at the end of the year.

I really appreciate all the hard work that the teachers had put in for us. Through the past whole week of the Mother-Tongue Intensive programme, I believe all of us students could see the monumental effort they had made in ensuring that we do well, or at least pass the exam today. We slogged; they slogged harder. 吴老师 even arranged to meet up with us at Subway even after the school had closed to run through our papers with us :) I know the other teachers had made similar arrangements too.

Of course, it's not only the Mother-Tongue department making compromises for us, there are other unsung heroes who have sacrificed valuable time for us, teaching us and marking our bullshit-in-ink, to make sure that we excel in life and become better people.

A friend once shared with me his take on moral values in life. I remember what he said vividly: "In life, there are three groups of people you should always respect. First of all, your parents. That goes without saying. Secondly, the higher-ups of our society. These aren't always the rich- bishops, priests, and societal leaders who earn the respect of others before them, who always put others before themselves. Last but not least, your teachers, for the imparting of knowledge on to others is a humble deed second to none."

No comments:

Post a Comment